Follow

Thursday 8 October 2015

Review: 'Gone Girl' By Gillian Flynn


'Gone Girl' is without a doubt one of the most fascinating and capturing books I have ever read. Unfortunately, for me, I was spoiled for the big twist of the novel so I didn't get to experience the big shock factor of the big reveal, but this in no way hindered my view of this book - which, even without the shock of the big twist - is absolutely incredible.

On the day of Amy and Nick's fifth wedding anniversary, Amy Elliott Dunne, disappears from her home. When Nick calls the police an investigation ensues, an investigation that makes Nick look very very bad. With all eyes on him it seems as if Nick will be put on death row for a crime he didn't commit. As the book continues we find out that everything is truly not as it seems. In this book Flynn explores the complications and secrets within modern day marriages and the problems with today's judicial system. It is not only an entertaining read but an incredibly truthful one.

At the beginning of the book, I hated both Amy and Nick, they were extremely unlikeable to me in those first few chapters and I couldn't shift my distaste. However, as the book went on I came to love and admire both of them for both their faults and virtues. Amy is organised, calculating, beautiful, smart and always prepared. Nick is laid back, always one step behind, handsome, and doesn't speak out when he should. Although some of their traits were irritating, those seemed to be the traits that drew me to them even more. In Amy, Flynn has created one of the most memorable and well written female fictional characters I have ever read - Amy was definitely the highlight of this book.

I really don't want to write much more about this book as to do so would mean spoiling certain parts that I don't want spoiled for people. However, I will say that if you haven't read this book, YOU MUST! Also once you've read the book go and watch the movie, Rosamund Pike's portrayal of Amy is phenomenal!

Overall Rating: 5/5 Stars


This review is also on my Goodreads, add me on there: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie

Follow me on Bloglovin, just click the widget at the top of the page!

For business enquiries and questions contact: liveinsidethepages@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment