Follow

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Top Ten Characters You Just Didn't Click With

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish, to find out more click their link: http://www.brokeandbookish.com/

This week's topic is the Top Ten Characters You Just Didn't Click With!

1. Greg Gaines, from 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl' by Jesse Andrews
I finished this book last night and although I found it enjoyable, I didn't love it, and this is mainly due to my distaste for the main character and narrator, Greg Gaines. I will write more about my disdain for Greg in my review (which will be posted in the next hour) as I have loads to say about him! However, for now, I'll just say that he was the most selfish, ignorant, boring, and actually plain nastiest character I'd ever been inside the head of - I'll explain my reasons for my evaluation of Greg in the review.

2. Margo Roth Spiegelman, from 'Paper Towns' By John Green
I didn't by any means hate Margo, I actually liked her. However, I couldn't ever connect with her on an emotional level. I never really understood - and still don't - why she does what she does and I have to admit I find her a little bit selfish.

3. Daisy Buchanan, from 'The Great Gatsby' By F. Scott Fitzgerald
Possibly one of the most selfish and greedy characters of all time. I won't spoil the book for anyone who hasn't read it but this woman and what she does just annoys me too much!!

4. Cersei Lannister, from the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' Series By George R.R. Martin
I love Cersei, don't get me wrong, she keeps things interesting and without her a lot of the twists and turns we get in this series wouldn't have occurred. However, sometimes she's so needlessly evil. I know she's a woman trying to find power in a man's world but she sometimes uses this power when there's no threat and ends up ending or ruining someone's life. *cough cough* Ned Stark *cough*

5. Bill Compton, from the 'Sookie Stackhouse / True Blood' series By Charlaine Harris
I never trusted him. I never shipped him and Sookie. I pretty much wanted him out of the picture as soon as he entered it. 

6. Charlie, from 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' By Stephen Chbosky 

I don't really have an explanation for this one, there was just no connection for no actual reason really.

7. Mia, from 'If I Stay' By Gayle Foreman
I actually found this book a little bit boring and that was due to Mia's narrative. I didn't really believe her as a character and struggled to connect to her and the story on an emotional level.

8. Rosalie Hale / Cullen, from 'The Twilight Saga' By Stephanie Meyer
I just thought she was a major bitch the whole way through the series. She never liked Bella and in Breaking Dawn I'm 100% certain she didn't care whether Bella lived or died, in fact I think she wanted her dead so she could keep the baby.

9. Bella Swan, from 'The Twilight Saga' By Stephanie Meyer
She has the emotional capacity of a robot and Kristen Stewart really proved this in the movies. Bella really is the most uninteresting female lead I've read.

10. America Singer, from 'The Selection' Series By Kiera Cass
America Singer is one of the most whiney and immature female protagonists ever. I couldn't connect to her at all but I really did enjoy the series as a whole.


Follow me on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie
Follow me on Bloglovin', just click the widget at the top of the page!

For business enquiries and questions contact: liveinsidethepages@hotmail.com

2 comments: