Follow

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Top 5 Wednesdays: Favourite Maps in Books

1. 'The Lord of The Rings' Trilogy by J.R.R Tolkien


The map of Middle Earth is definitely one of my all-time favourites! The world J.R.R Tolkien is so huge, beautiful and beloved that it would be a crime not to include a map in the books. My favourite parts of the map are definitely the gorgeous font used and the way you can see all of the mountains.

2. 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series by George R.R Martin
The map of Westeros HAD to be included in my list of favourites because the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series - better known as the 'Game of Thrones' series - is one of my absolute favourite book series. This is the map that came with my box set, it's a big poster which allows you to see all of Westeros, there is a map inside the books but it spans about 8 pages so it was much easier to display this one on my blog. The world of Westeros is huge and people who have read the books know that each book jumps between different characters on different sides of this huge continent at different points in time, the map really helps us to get a grip on the distance between characters and the time frames and what not. Also... it's pretty!

3. 'The Chronicles of Narnia' by C.S. Lewis

The map to Narnia had to be included on my list because this series was one of my favourites as a child. The map is absolutely gorgeous including everything you need to get a complete picture of this beautiful world. I especially love how it includes the witch's castle!

4. The 'Throne of Glass' series by Sarah J. Maas 
I haven't actually got round to reading this series yet but while I was flicking through looking at all my books for this week's topic this map really caught my eye! Obviously because I haven't read the series I can't say much about the map and what it means to the story but for some reason this really just caught my attention and I think it's a beautiful map!

5. 'Winnie the Pooh' by A.A. Milne
I, like a lot of kids, grew up on Disney. And as all Disney children know Winnie the Pooh and his friends are pretty much the first Disney characters you're introduced to! Winnie the Pooh is an all time childhood favourite of mine and I know when I have children I'll be reading Pooh's tales to them! I used to love looking at this map and pointing out the characters and learning to read from this book so it's one that's very dear to me!



Check in next Wednesday for a new topic. If you want to get involved in Top 5 Wednesdays check in here:
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday

Follow me on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie
Follow me on Instagram: Ashers_6



No comments:

Post a Comment