Follow

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Currently Reading: 'Say Her Name' By James Dawson

BLURB:
'When Bobbie and her best friend Naya are dared by their schoolmates to summon the legendary ghost of Bloody Mary, neither really believes anything will happen. So they complete the ritual, and chant Mary's name five times in front of a candlelit mirror...
And something is called forth that night. Something dark, terrifying, and out of control. She will be there, just out of sight, in the corner of your eye. She will lurk in your nightmares. She will hide in the shadows of your bedroom. She will be waiting in every mirror that you see. She is everywhere. And she wants revenge.' 

I really love horror as a genre but it's so difficult to find authors who tell a horror story well. Of course you have Stephen King and his son, Joe Hill, however, past those two it's difficult to find a truly terrifying modern ghost story. So when I saw this sitting on the shelf of my local Waterstones, I was immediately intrigued. The Bloody Mary legend is something that has always scared me beyond belief, people were always wanting to do it at sleepovers and I refused, so when I saw the premise of this book I knew that I wanted to read it!

I have high hopes for this book as a horror and I really hope I'm not disappointed!

Follow my progress with this book on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie

Follow me on Bloglovin, just click the widget at the top of the page!

For business enquiries and questions contact: liveinsidethepages@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment